Facebook has decided to let you see what they want you to see. Ive been monitoring some of my posts on my Facebook page in the last couple of weeks and I have found that very few of my over 3000 fans are seeing my posts. Your news feed is being taken over by promoted posts! Promoted posts are posts that a fan page admin (me) can pay per post to reach more of their fans. One would think that liking a page would make it show up in your newsfeed but that is no longer the way it is.
Several of my posts in the last few days have only reached 1 person.. Yes, you read that right.. They only showed my post to one person. This is not useful to me at all. If I cannot get my fans to see my posts, they no longer come to my website, and Ruralinfo.net gets less exposure.
If you have been a passive follower, meaning you only read and you do not like or comment, then most likely you will not see any of my posts in your feed. Facebook wants interaction, not passive readers, so they are now punishing the passive readers and punishing the Ruralinfo.net facebook page for it.
As interactivity decreases for my facebook, with no way to increase it except for paying for each post, I have to turn my attention to other avenues to bring people to the Ruralinfo.net website.
If you want all of the news I post on a daily basis, I highly suggest you use one of our other available news sources to keep up with it. Facebook is no longer a reliable way to get the news.
So here I will detail some of the other ways for you to keep up with our Rural and Postal news..
1. Twitter- We do not post all news on Twitter, but we do post all important news for rural carriers.
2. Our daily news blast. - With the daily email, you will be sure to get every piece of news posted.
3. Our browser toolbar.- You can follow our news from your toolbar. Compatible with all major browsers!
4. Our News Page – You can go to our news page and see all of the news in one place.
5. RSS Feed- If you use an RSS Reader, you can get our news delivered as an RSS feed as it comes in.
6. Mobile App- If you prefer to keep up with the news on your phone, we have an app for that!
7. Weekly Newsletter- And finally, be sure and sign up for our weekly newsletter.
8. Text Updates: We will send out text updates for important news! Just text ruralinfo to shortcode 77948
So there you have other options and I highly suggest you choose one or more over Facebook if you are serious about getting all of the news.
Thanks for being here and thanks for reading!!