The NRLCA is pleased to announce its support for the Delivering for America Act introduced by House Committee on Oversight and Reform Chairwoman Carolyn Maloney (D-NY) which the House will consider on Saturday, August 22.
The bill text broadly states that “the United States Postal Service may not implement or approve any change to the operations or the level of service provided by the Postal Service from those in effect on January 1, 2020, that would impede prompt, reliable, and efficient services….”
Specifically, the legislation prevents operational changes from being made during the pandemic and does the following for the Postal Service:
- Provides $25 billion in USPS funding (including money set aside for the Office of Inspector General);
- Prohibits the removal of processing equipment and public mail drop boxes;
- Requires all election mail to be treated as First-Class mail;
- Requires postmarks to be put on all election mail; and
- Lasts through January 31, 2021 or the end of the pandemic, whichever is later.