2020 Rate Information
RCBP members in Self Plus One are highly recommended to change to Family enrollment. This is totally permissible in the Federal Employee Health Benefit Program and can be done through the following:
- Call Retirement Information Office at 1-888-767-6738, Monday through Friday 7:40am to 5:00pm eastern time. CALL EARLY in the day!
- For retirees to make a change during Open Season online visit: https://retireefehb.opm.gov/Annuitant/FEHB/RegisterClaim/
- Further instructions and more information can also be found on OPM’s website: https://retireefehb.opm.gov/Annuitant/Home/
- Active employees can make changes at http://liteblue.usps.gov or by calling 1-877-477-3273 and press option #5 for a live person.
Why did RCBP premiums go up?
RCBP premiums or premiums for any health plan have numerous variable that can impact them. For the RCBP, we had a lot of membership growth, demographic changes, a high concentration of 50-65 year old’s and experienced higher claims than in the past. For more details, click here to read the 2020 RCBP Premium Increase Q&A Explainer.
Despite the premium increases for 2020, RCBP members can still expect the high quality and rich benefits we have delivered for years. Additionally, here are some of the many benefits of the RCBP:
- A broad Aetna network of hospitals and providers combined with the expansive CVS Caremark pharmacy network
- 100% coverage for the treatment of cancer
- 100% coverage for lab work through Quest
- Coverage for massage therapy
- Low deductibles and co-payments
- Dedicated support for complicated diseases like Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), ALS and CIDP
- Chronic pain management program
- One-on-one nurse support and health coaching programs
- Dedicated customer service team
Ruralinfo.net is not sponsored or authorized by the NRLCA, the USPS or any state or local association. The materials on Ruralinfo.net’s web site are provided “as is”. They are presented here for informational use only. See full disclaimer