Effective immediately, when carriers are performing 2nd trips, they must also utilize the Hotkey 6 STARTLOADVEH and Hotkey 7 ENDLOADVEH to capture the load time associated with the 2nd trip. This will ensure proper compensation when RRECS is implemented. In addition, 2nd trips are to continue to be compensated per Handbook F-21 563 and documented on the PS Form 4240.
Please see attached steps to take when carrier is performing a Second Trip on their route:
- PMCASING “stops the clock for end of shift activities”
- PMCASING is only for use after the RETURN2DU keystroke is made
- The time between RETURN2DU and CLOCKOUT is credited to the route as actual time. PMCASING stops the clock during this time. PM casing stops the clock for the time for activities made while on PMCASING are calculated and compensated under separate actions.
- PMCASING is to be utilized when carrier performs a 2nd trip at the end of the day and after all end of shift duties are completed
- Once carrier selects Hotkey K PMCASING, carrier should then utilize Hotkey 6 STARTLOADVEH and Hotkey 7 ENDLOADVEH to capture load time associated with 2nd trip
- Once 2nd trip is completed and carrier has returned to delivery unit, carrier then selects Hotkey L CLOCKOUT to end their work daySecond trips continue to be compensated per Handbook F-21 563, this information is to be documented on carriers PS Form 4240
- Second trips continue to be compensated per Handbook F-21 563, this information is to be documented on carriers PS Form 4240
RRECS Activity Scans: Update/Clarification on 2nd Trips/Loading Scans
Ruralinfo.net is not sponsored or authorized by the NRLCA, the USPS or any state or local association. The materials on Ruralinfo.net’s web site are provided “as is”. They are presented here for informational use only. See full disclaimer
This is totally distracting from your job trying to remember and do all this while trying to get the mail to the customer without out getting dog bite and falling down on steps loose rocks uneven steps porches etc.. all this scanning does is create a hazard on the job and can cause a carrier live threatening issues.. I’m surprised that someone hasn’t been hurt or killed yet trying to do all these useless scans and get the job done… of course we would never heard of all the accidents it’s already cause as they really don’t care what you… Read more »
Rrecs is a complete joke, I can see many routes getting screwed. We have no way of knowing how accurate these scanners are. The only way is to trust managements word which I do not. There isn’t even a way to check whether or not you performed a scann. I was told that if you wasn’t sure if you hit end load and you hit it again,you wouldn’t get credit for either because the scanner doesn’t know which one to accept. My scanner went totally nuts today and started bringing up different menus and it took me fifteen minutes to… Read more »
How do you set the scanner on finger stylist , so it won’t be so sensitive to the touch?
How about all the load time we missed before this notice???
How can we get paid to deliver all these Amazon packages that aren’t in our evaluated time
So for the 2nd trip, after end load do we also select depart to route again or no? And when we complete that 2nd trip do we return to delivery unit or no? Because we should get end of shift time again before clock out.