Small (unofficial) update on the contract. They haven’t declared an impasse yet. There are several issues still being discussed. The big ones are:
1) Management wants the authority to go under a K43 when having to adjust routes. Our current position is a hard “no.”
2) They also want more flexibility in assigning relief days in formula offices. Union is trying to meet this with benefits to affected carriers such as protecting their evaluation up to a 46. Currently I think it’s 44 or 45.
3) Health insurance benefits for RCAs to go above ACA requirements and closer to what career employees get. Management is claiming cost issues in their counter. Union push is to establish a minimum amount of hours averaged to qualify, not just be on a hold down.
4) Union is asking for an accuracy threshold on the mapping software before implementation, similar to the minimum accuracy of DPS.
5) The length of the evaluation under the new evaluation system each year is up in the air. At a minimum, 9 months. High end is pushing for 11 1/2.
A few other things too, but that’s what I can put out there for now.
Contributor names kept anonymous to protect the innocent. 😉